Forum Home Search Login Register
+  Landlord Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Landlord Advice & Help
| | |-+  Section 8 & 21 issued. Need to stop her refusing to leave.

Section 8 & 21 issued. Need to stop her refusing to leave.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Section 8 & 21 issued. Need to stop her refusing to leave.  (Read 163 times)
Posts: 27

I like property

« on: January 14, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Issued a section 21 as wish to sell the property. Gave the tenant the option of staying paying weekly (been doing this to help her for the last several months). Got a text from her last week saying shes got no money, again. So issued a section 8. Im now panicking shell just refuse to leave. Ive issued everything legally required. ECG, government deposit scheme etc.

Can anyone offer some advice in which I contact her to outline the consequences of staying?

One thing I do have is legally her ex is still on the contract. I could remind her of this and tell her I will let him know this and since Im not getting any rent he may as well move back in.

Could I tell her I will also sue her and seek damages as my girlfriend went there the other day (I needed to stay away from fear of doing saying something Id regret) and my girlfriend said it was a pig sty. Garden was littered with crap (will need a skip)

I have her deposit. Her Mum works with my girlfriends mate, so was thinking of letting her Mum know whats happening and should her daughter stay will take her to court.

This is arguably so unfair this system. I have always tried to help her out, yet I could be looking at losing .

Thanks for any help. Appreciated.
Global Moderator
Sr. Member
Posts: 442

I like poetry

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »

I can only repeat what I suggested - at quite some length - last time. Get the other joint tenant to end the tenancy. It's a lot quicker, it means you don't have to worry that you've cocked up the Section 21, or whether your Section 8 will succeed, and you can theoretically claim mesne profits if she doesn't leave.

I dare say you could sue her if it makes you feel better but, as you've said, she's got no money so what would be the point? Just get the tenancy legally ended, explain how expensive it will be if she stays, and then offer her a modest "resettlement fund" if necessary  to leave quietly. Then get the contractors in, tidy the place up, get it sold and put the whole thing behind you.
Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 902

I like property

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:23 PM »

Sorry,but I don't think any of the actions you are contemplating will make a jot of difference to her.Making threats that you cannot carry out just makes you look like a mug.Do it all by the book.Trying to shame/scare her is pointless.people like that really don't care.Good Luck. 
Pages: [1]