Forum Home Search Login Register
+  Landlord Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Landlord Advice & Help
| | |-+  Let property campaign

Let property campaign

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let property campaign  (Read 90 times)
Posts: 1

I like property

« on: June 29, 2021, 04:06:28 AM »

Hi , I left the UK for Australia in 2013 and rented out my UK property , I have been in Australia ever since and im renting here , as I was under the threshold in the UK I have ,I think wrongly not declared my income rental which is 375 a month , I am unsure if I should be doing self assesments and as i am looking to buy now in Australia would like everything cleared up before I do , I have contacted the let property campaign and im waiting now in the hope the will give advice of what I should be doing, has anyone been in a similiar situation? Any advice or tips much appreciated thanks.
Accidental Landlord
Jr. Member
Posts: 75

Just trying my best

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »

We lived abroad for a while and had rental property back in UK. The advice was to continue to submit yearly self assessments even though there was no tax payable. I wonder if HMRC's website will have info on this under their rental income guides. I think it's definitely worth checking in the meantime.
Pages: [1]