Forum Home Search Login Register
+  Landlord Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Landlord Advice & Help
| | |-+  Insurance question

Insurance question

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Insurance question  (Read 258 times)
Posts: 1

I like property

« on: January 14, 2020, 04:08:41 PM »

Hi all

I have a tennent (through a letting agent) the tennent moved in Oct 18, anyhow she complained that a chest of drawers and clothes where damp, so I sent in a plumber and builder to take a look a the problem. Plumber couldn't find a leak, builder said no hole in roof, but he would put vents in to air the roof.  This was in Dec 19, when she made complaint about wet chest of drawers.  Builder said is it possible you put wet clothes in the drawer and that is where the damp was coming from. Tennent said it was possible. Anyhow fast forward to today. Letting agent called to tell me the tennent wants 100 to replace the chest of drawers and clothes.  I thought this should have been covered by tennents content insurance or am I responsible for replacing the items.  Any advice appreciated .

Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 543

I like poetry

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 02:27:00 PM »

I'd say the tenant is trying it on. Unless they can demonstrate that the damage was caused by your negligence it's not reasonable to expect you to pay for the damage.
Pages: [1]