Forum Home Search Login Register
+  Landlord Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Tenant Advice & Help
| | |-+  Eviction


Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Eviction  (Read 467 times)
Posts: 1

I like property

« on: January 04, 2020, 03:36:28 PM »

I seeking need help. I been renting over a year private.  My landlady started dating online and met someone who she then wanted to move him into my spare room. I kicked off contacted advice lines etc. My agreement ran out oct 19 she did not renew it then said she would then said she wants me out.   In the meantime I found out she was not Registered or licensed.  She is now Registered dec 19 . But how can she serve me notice whilst awaiting a licence and I think my section 21 is wrong so what happens now as she wants me out by 24th feb
Full Member
Posts: 151

I like property

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 09:22:25 PM »

I assume you had a 1 year AST.  If this was not extended then it would naturally become a rolling contract. In which case the landlord would need to give two months' notice.

There are only certain boroughs where a landlord requires a license.  If your local council does not require a landlord license then she does not require one.  If she does then you could report this to the council and ask for advice.

Pages: [1]