Forum Home Search Login Register
+  Landlord Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Landlord Advice & Help
| | |-+  New Landlord

New Landlord

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Landlord  (Read 58 times)
Posts: 1

I like property

« on: October 17, 2020, 12:02:45 AM »

I need help/advice in getting my property back.

It's a bit complicated.  My brother has been renting out a property for a few years now.  I recently discovered that my late dad had actually purchased this property in my name and I have always been the sole proprietor.    However, as far as my brother is concerned it is his property and he has been collecting the rent and keeping all the money.   I have approached the tenant and shown them land registry documents to prove that I am the rightful owner, but they have always dealt with my brother and are not interested in what i have to say.

I do not want to take my brother to court. 

Is there a way of getting my property back without going to court?

Can I take the tenant to court?  even though they are not at fault.

I am willing to let the tenant stay providing they sign a tenancy with myself.

Posts: 16

I like property

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 06:56:20 PM »

The tenant can't do anything with you. You are not their landlord. If you want this property, you either have to persuade your brother of your case or involve a solicitor.
Global Moderator
Hero Member
Posts: 969

I like property

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 09:44:53 PM »

What a strange lack of communication in your family.Your brother seems to have no problem with cheating you out of your inheritance,so why are you squeemish about taking him to court? Ypu should see a solicitor,there is no valid relationship to protect here.
Pages: [1]